- What personal information do we collect?
- Data protection
- Do we share your information
- How secure is my information?
- Can I access my information?
- Terms and conditions
- Still got questions?
What Personal Information do we collect about you?
The types of information we gather include:
- Information you give us: We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our provision of resources and communicating with you.
- Automatic collection of information: We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many web sites, we may use "cookies," as a way of temporarily storing your shopping basket contents while you shop. We also collect information on the type of browser and computer you use for statistical purposes, but this information is never linked to your personal details.
- Information from other sources: We sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our delivery agents or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information for the purposes of improving our service to you.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and keep records of your shopping choices and previous visits. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
We only use Session Cookies on this site. Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site. Find out more about cookies by going to All About Cookies Information website.
We use session cookies...:
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
- To allow you to maintain a shopping basket
- Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyze website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as "P3P" features (Privacy Preferences Platform). Find further information on P3P.
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to standrewsbookshop.co.uk. To this end standrewsbookshop.co.uk complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 in the collection, processing, holding and transmitting of your personal information.
For example, standrewsbookshop.co.uk has in place in respect of its website technical and organizational measures against accidental or unlawful destruction; or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access; and security programs and procedures to ensure unauthorized persons are denied access to any personal information on the website.
By using the standrewsbookshop.co.uk website and/or services you consent to the collection, processing, holding and transmitting of your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy. Information is usually unprotected until it reaches us and we would ask users not to submit credit card information to standrewsbookshop.co.uk by e-mail.
Do we share your personal information?
We do not share any information we collect about you. We share customer information only with our agents such as our distributors and associated businesses (see below).
Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe
that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights and those of our users
How secure is my personal information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We do not reveal any of the digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We download your order via encryption software for the purposes of processing and charging the order to your credit/debit card, and we store the order details securely in paper form in accordance with accountancy rules.
- We retain your credit/debit card details in encrypted form on our server for a limited period and then delete them. These details (card number and expiry date) are stored in a secured database.
- You should protect against unauthorized access to your own computer. It is important to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
Can I access any personal information?
We give you access to your past order details for the limited purpose of
viewing. This may change as our web site evolves.
What options do I have?
As discussed above, you can always opt not to provide information, even
though it might be needed to make a purchase.
- You can add or update certain information such as your name, address and other contact details.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions, notices and revisions
Still got questions?
Please contact us, ask us whatever you need to know and we will find
out the answer to your query and get back to you as soon as we can.